|The BR410-EN Veeam ® Backup & Replication™ v12: Configure, Manage and Recover training course is a three-day technical course focused on teaching IT professionals the skills to configure, manage and support a Veeam Backup & Replication v12 solution. With extensive hands-on labs, the class enables administrators and engineers to effectively protect and manage data in an ever-changing technical and business environment, bringing tangible benefit to business in the digital world.
This course is based on Veeam Backup & Replication v12, part of Veeam Data Platform.
| target group:
|This course is suitable for anyone responsible for configuring, managing or supporting a Veeam Backup & Replication v12 environment.
- Systems Engineers / administrators
- Backup / virtualization administrators
- Pre-sales / post-sales staff
- Solution Architects / Consultants
|Participants of course BR410-EN Veeam ® Backup & Replication™ v12: Configure, Manage and Recover should have fundamental IT experience working with networking, servers, storage, cloud, virtualization and operating systems.
This course is the fast track version and requires experience with Veeam.
For newcomers we recommend the 5-day variant BR418-EN Veeam v12 (VMCE) with Storage-Connection. This course contains the basic course BR410 and enables a more in-depth treatment of the course content as well as additional information and exercises on the topic of storage integration with Veeam.
|After completing the training BR410-EN Veeam ® Backup & Replication™ v12: Configure, Manage and Recover, participants should be able to:
- Describe Veeam security concepts
- Given a scenario, configure a backup job and a backup copy job
- Explain network-attached storage (NAS) backups and configuration
- Describe Veeam’s replication capabilities
- Determine appropriate use case for backups, replicas and/or continuous data protection
- Configure backup infrastructure components, including proxy and repository servers
- Given a scenario, evaluate when and how to apply immutability settings
- Given a scenario, recover data from backups
This workshop allows you to prepare for the Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE ™) v12 certification exam.
After successful completion of the course and the exam, you can call yourself a "Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE)".
You can take the exam after the course at a Pearson VUE test centre. It consists of 50 questions that have to be answered in 75 minutes. You need a score of at least 70% to pass the exam. You can find detailed information about the exam here.
You can take a trial test here.
For further exercises, the LABS are still available 27 working days after the course.
| price and duration:
|duration: 3 days
price: 2480,- Euro + VAT
You can find the print view here.
|Will be scheduled on request
Please let us know here, when you prefer to have this workshop!
- What can be protected?
- Review of Veeam Data Platform and introduction to the class scenario
- Secure your backup server
- Describe strategies and tools to secure the Veeam backup server to avoid unauthorized access
and data leaks
- Application consistency with secure authentication
- Achieve application-consistent backups of virtual machines while maintaining operating
system secure authentication
- Protecting workloads
- Efficiently protect VMware and Hyper-V virtual machines based on well-defined SLAs through
the creation of backup jobs
- Deploying agents
- Identify the use of protection groups to automate the installation of Veeam Agents
and protecting workloads with agent backup jobs
- Protecting NAS
- List required components and features available to protect NAS solutions
- Optimizing your backups
- Analyze features and settings that allow backup storage optimization, faster backups
and data consistency
- Describe backup data protection mechanisms to avoid premature deletion
and unwanted modifications
- Linux Hardened Repository
- Identify characteristics and deployment steps of Linux Hardened Repositories to achieve
backup data immutability
- Object storge repositories
- Describe use cases, advantages and considerations to implement object storage solutions
as Veeam backup repositories
- Backup infrastructure optimization
- List deployment options and additional settings to improve general backup solution performance
- Describe use cases, architectures and features of replication jobs and continuous data protection (CDP) policies
- Backup copy Jobs
- Ensure recoverability and adhere to the 3-2-1 Rule with backup copy jobs
- Long-term retention
- List different mechanisms for data archiving, including grandfather-father-son retention policies
- Scale-out Backup Repository™
- Describe architecture, placement policies, data tiers and management of Scale-out
Backup Repositories (SOBRs)
- Move and copy backups with VeeaMover
- Identify use cases for virtual machine and backup migrations with VeeaMover
- Recovery verification
- Create automated tests to ensure recoverability from backups and replicas
- Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager
- Describe the use cases for Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager
- Recovery scenario — Virtual machine failure
- Choose from different methods to recover a virtual machine from the backup
- Recovery scenario — Ransomware attack
- Securely restore a server after a ransomware incident with malware scanning of volumes
directly from the backup and as part of the restore process
- Recovery scenario — Agent recovery
- Explore available options to restore data from agent backups
- Recovery scenario — Explorer recovery
- Use Veeam Explorers™ to recover application items directly from image-level backups
- Recovery scenario — Guest file recovery
- Restore guest operating system files directly from image-level backups and from diverse
guest file systems
- Recovery scenario — Recovery from replica
- Describe virtual machine states available when recovering a virtual machine from its replica
and mechanisms to avoid data loss and interdependent services recovery
- Recovery scenario — Instant NAS recovery
- List steps and considerations to instantly recover an entire file share from its backup